I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

US 1

driving along US 1
US 1
January 17, 2008

The first thing that pops into my mind about US 1, the only route between Miami and Key West, is all the negative comments we heard even before we arrived in Florida. Much of the drive down US 1 to Key West was done in the dark so we didn't get to see a lot. There are several areas along the highway where the speed is greatly reduced that does make the traveling time longer. We left Key West Thursday (January 17) morning heading north towards No Name Key where we planned on stopping for a short visit with my husband's aunt and uncle. It was a beautiful, sunny day so we had the top down on the car. It really was a pretty drive, well worth slowing down to enjoy.


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.