I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Oh Canada!

Canada Flag


There are some topics I intentionally try to keep off of my blogs and politics is one them. Like many Canadians I have been watching our politicians in action. We are living in uncertain economic times and Canadians need a strong and stable leadership. It would appear that is not going to happen for some time. Canadians have effectively rejects Stephan Dion and we are one step closer to a coalition. Stephen Harper has vowed to stop a coalition take-over (details here) but he really isn't showing any substance.

Let me remind each and every Canadian:

O Canada! Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide, O Canada,
We stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

(French)

O Canada! Terre de nos aïeux,
Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux.
Car ton bras sait porter l'épée,
Il sait porter la croix.
Ton histoire est une épopée,
Des plus brillants exploits.
Et ta valeur, de foi trempée,
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.

A coalition government over democracy is not the road we want to go down.


Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.