I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, September 27, 2009

BYBS - Family Travels

Blog Your Blessings Sunday
My husband and I decided to make a short trip to visit the grandbabies and their parents. We planned on staying over night at the home of oldest and youngest grandbaby then travel on to visit middle grandbaby the following afternoon arriving home before midnight. Friday was a nice travelling day so we made good time arriving in time for dinner. Oldest grandbaby (33 months) no longer has any signs of being a baby and is now very articulate talking in full sentences. Youngest grandbaby (4 months) is quite an attentive, happy baby. We spent a very enjoyable evening and following morning together then were off to visit middle grandbaby. Now this little one (17 months) is a little charmer with a ready smile and just an edge of independence. Needless to say we enjoyed spending the brief but very enjoyable time with the grandbabies and their parents. We ran into a lot of heavy rain, annoying 'let's drive slow in the fast lane' traffic then 'pea soup' fog before arriving home exhausted but safe, sound and happy. I powered up the computer to find that the router had decided to simply stop working so I couldn't catch up online last night. It was just as well as sleeping was a bit more productive use of my time :)

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


1 comment:

  1. Mixed blessing. We are so dry here in Texas that any rain is welcome. However, traveling in rain is stressful.

    Going to see family, especially grandkids, quite a blessing. They grow so fast that you can miss major events and changes.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.