I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, September 10, 2009

This Is Why Husband's Days Are Numbered!

hubby's parrots
Deal 'em Up
September 5, 2009

First off before I begin this tale I have to give you a visual. Our house is backwards in that the main living area is on the lower level of an earth bermed home so basically underground. The on ground level is where the games and other rooms are that aren't in regular use. Well they are but they aren't. The games room opens onto the screened in upper patio/sunporch. Before we go to bed we have to secure the patio doors in this area. No problem or at least it wasn't until hubby had a few of his friends visiting. I went up to shut the patio door and spotted what I thought was someone sitting at the poker table. By this time I had already ensured having to change my unders. My mouth was dry as I very slowly made my way to the light switch expecting the arms of Armageddon to bear down on me any second. I flicked the light switch and pictured are hubby's two friends. Ok, so that's not bad enough! I went down and confronted hubby to which he responded in fits of laughter, the occasional snorting and that other thing he does when apparently something is hilarious that defies any description. He actually had tears running down his cheeks from laughing so hard. Well excuse me! Now according to him if someone was going to break into our house they more than likely wouldn't sit at the poker table waiting for other players. He noted that no chips were missing. He also figures if Jimmy Buffet wasn't playing they weren't really poker players either and besides they had no drinks on the go. Well that couldn't be the end of it could it? Oh no! He had to tell his friends [two of them were the parrots!] so now I'm really hearing about it!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.