I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Atrium at Orlando International Airport

atrium at Orlando International Airport
The Atrium
December 6, 2011

I love atriums, glass houses, greenhouses and window walls.  They add natural light, warmth and a structural beauty that is hard to describe other than a geometric element to the space.  Atriums have been extremely popular building additions since Victorian times.  We are planning on adding a glass sunroom onto the east side of our house just off the kitchen this year.  It would be a cheery spot to great the day with a morning cup of coffee.  Quite frankly I really don't understand why these glass spaces are not used more in modern homes.  Yes, there is the energy efficiency to be concerned with but I will tell you there is absolutely no way you would feel depressed and mood swings would be alleviated simply by spending an hour in a glass space each day during the winter months in the Northern Hemisphere.  It is a heck of a lot cheaper remedy then anti-depressants and you can take advantage of the solar gain during the winter months!  Besides the glass spaces are simply delightful

Garden Gnome
©2006-2012


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.