I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, April 20, 2008

helping hands


Helping Hands
April 19, 2008


Early last week my husband and kids arranged a mini-getaway for me to visit our newest grandbaby (age 2 wks) and oldest grandbaby (age 16 months). Family members shuttled me around to and from the train stations as well as staying with me to make sure I was safely on my way on that leg of the journey. What a fun time I had!

The first part of the journey started here and ended with my arrival by rail to be picked up by one of my kids while another one of our kids made sure I reached the starting point safely. The journey was smooth and uneventful. The sounds of the train lulled me to sleep. At the end of the first leg of the journey was a small, pink bungle of love. Talk about a beautiful baby! She's very alert and attentive but very quiet. I marveled at how small she was. Soon she will be crawling and walking and oh my gosh, grandma really is going to have to get in shape then! The smiles on her mom and dad's face say it all. They are so proud!

The next end of the journey ended at oldest grandbaby's home. This adorable little one saw grandma as a toy :) Unfortunately, grandma didn't come with Energizer batteries and had no wind-up thingy either. In short, grandma isn't the Energizer bunny and the only ticking grandma is going to do is if they put a pace maker in. But grandma kept up pretty good and when grandbaby tuckered out after a walk but woke everytime grandma tried to set her down and she cried while clinging to grandma, grandma snuggled closer enjoying the little arms that wouldn't let go reminding of days long ago when little arms were the norm. Grandbaby found out grandma has a sense of humour too and that temper tantrums doesn't faze grandma either. Grandma forgot that toddlers can easily take out their clothes as well as anyone trying to change them. Grandma learned the "oh oh" game aka "let's toss something, anything on the floor then go oh oh 'cause grandma will pick it up" game. Grandbaby loves feeding grandma yogurt using her finger too. She also likes grandma's hair gel and sunblock. What a gal!

Grandma is in official sleep mode for the next couple of days...or until one of the grandbabies call :)

Garden Gnome
©2007


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time...hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a wonderful time! Exhausting but wonderful. I hope you have a great week as well. I'll stop by your blog and leave a message.

    Take care,

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.