I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, April 28, 2008

my new game plan


Blossoms
April 27, 2008

Any one who has been following this blog will know I have had some recent and ongoing health problems. Unfortunately they are continuing and we seem to be no closer to the root of the problems. Since I know my diet is quite healthy I decided to look at a couple of other aspects of my lifestyle. My physiotherapist said bodies are designed for movement and one of the best things you can do for your heart is to walk briskly for 30 minutes daily. So I focused in on that. I'm really a fairly active person by nature but to dedicate 30 minutes daily to walking, well now, I can seriously come up with a lot of excuses. It's either too cold or there is some type of precipitation, neither of which my lungs tolerate well. Then there are the things like canning, cooking, housecleaning, blogging and if I really need a shallow excuse, I can use online poker. Besides, I don't want to miss Corrie or Law & Order and we all know the latter is on 24/7! You get the idea. I love being outdoors, working in the garden and enjoying nature but walking just for walking, I don't think so! Ok, so I had to have a nice friendly little chit chat with myself reminding me of how much I enjoyed hiking at one time and how good this would make me feel and how much my body would benefit from this new game plan.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am now onto day five of my new plan. I wrap a jacket around my waist, put on my walking shoes and clamp the iPod tightly onto my ears, tuck the cell phone and digital camera into pockets then head off. There's no point backing out once I'm all packed :) Day 1 was novel and Day 2 showed me I really needed this. Day 3 my buns were tender. Day 4 I actually was able to push it a bit longer than 30 minutes. Off to do my 30 minutes...

Garden Gnome
©2007


2 comments:

  1. Finally getting a chance to stop by and see if you blogged a blessing last Sunday . . . well, I didn't notice one in particular but to me walking is a blessing! You have the right idea with your music and your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paulie, sorry for the late reply. Walking is indeed a blessing. Not only is it good for your heart physically it is good for your soul. I think it helps with moods as well so I'm really enjoying it. The music helps to keep a quick pace that is rather counter productive to the camera and the camera tend to win everytime :)

    I'll stop by today.

    Take care,

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.