I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

my morning


Dead Centipede!
April 9, 2008

I haven't been sleeping well, not more than a couple of hours at a time so come this morning I was rather on the groggy side. That turned out to be a good thing! Waking from a fitful sleep I hit the washroom first then still in sleep mode set up the coffee maker and slept standing up waiting for the cup to fill. We have one of those pod coffee makers that works well when the operators are in sleep mode. Sniffing deeply to get the aroma of the coffee along with a sip I sat down to the computer. The sat was being pissy as usual so waiting for it to reset I grabbed my coffee and headed to the washroom to make myself look a little presentable. THEN IT HAPPENED! I came face to face with a huge centipede. The body was about an inch and a half long without all his appendages sitting right in the bathroom. Coffee went everywhere just not on the offending invader. I ran for the spray. One squirt and he was toast, leaving me to clean up the tossed coffee and change my clothes because they had coffee on them as well. Dang I really hate these things!

Garden Gnome
©2007


2 comments:

  1. Sorry about that morning cuppa! I know the experience of standing there and waiting for the cup to fill and enjoying the aroma. So I felt your loss!

    Darn bug. I hope word gets out among his peers and they stay the heck away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have smaller "pedes" here, but the spiders make up for it. Dang I hate it when any bug surprises me! Takes 10 years off my life, I swear! So obviously my goal to live as long as Methusala has been ruined!
    I read in your other post about not getting to go help with new grandbaby and I'm so sorry for your "heart-ache". BTDT, but take care of your health so you can enjoy her for many years to come.
    Blessings for you, Susan in Utah

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.