I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, April 25, 2008

my new read


I have to admit aside of reading online, I'm really not into reading anything besides non-fiction. When I was visiting the grandbabies, I had the opportunity to check out a nearby book store. I have no idea what attracted me to this book. Perhaps it was my mood after getting a couple of one finger salutes that told me I'm number one in their book. Or perhaps it was the idiot that rubbed me the wrong way when all I wanted to do was enjoy a nice cold beer while playing the monster game until the kids picked me up. Maybe the sick feeling I got seeing all the rubbish along the tracks was an influence. Whatever it was this book literally slapped me in the face begging to be be bought.

Like many I find the lack of manners today a bit distressing. What happened to using please, thank-you and you're welcome? A few things I consider rude and annoying in no particular order:

  1. cell phones - Sorry but I don't want to hear a one sided conversation about intimate details of one's personal life aka relationships and etc. And if I have to be forced into your soap opera world at least but the dang phone on speaker so I can get both sides of the story!
  2. the liberal use of the eff word - This is so old! Like there are other words out there. If you can't find a word to express how you are feeling or to use as a verb, noun, adjective or pronoun there's always a dictionary. You know that's a book that has a lot of words in besides the eff word. It helps to know the alphabet when using but I'm sure if those who only use the eff word work hard at it, they can come up with other words too.
  3. littering - This is incredibly rude, obnoxious and selfish! 'Nuff said.
  4. blogs that tell me where I'm from - Excuse me, I know where I'm located and your location indicator is so far off I do find it rather humorous albeit rude. If you want to welcome me to your blog, at least have the courtesy of getting my location correct.
  5. telemarketers - I pay for my phone which means you do not have the right to call me on my dime to try and sell me something that I don't need or want in the first place. And I find it incredibly rude that when you do call you can't even pronounce my name correctly.
  6. automated answering machines - You know the ones where you have to press a button then another button then another button and can never get to a humanoid?
  7. your call is important to us - Do you think anyone with an IQ higher than an aemoeba buys into this crap? If my call was important to you, you would answer it when I called not 40 minutes later! I honestly sat on hold 40 minutes waiting to talk to my ISP. Yep, the very same one I pay a lot of money to each month for service. Perhaps I will just take my money elsewhere as a payment for your incredible rudeness.
  8. pants worn down below the butt - If I wanted to see a butt I could look at my own, thank-you very much and trust me I think mine is cuter than yours!
  9. web ancronyms aka LOL, ROFLMAO etc. - The writer expects you to decipher what they have written without any real clues or using a real word - RUDE! Then when you finally figure it out the meaning can be even RUDER!
  10. guys assuming every gal is fair game - This has to be the ultimate in rudeness! Hello, do you see the wedding band? That means I'm not interested in you, period! It should also serve as a warning that if I am hormonal, had a bad day or simply not in a congenial mood, you just might find yourself in a very bad situation. Take your egotistical, self-inflated, testosterone overflowing self to the nearest corner and let me enjoy my drink, meal, slot machine, or anything else I may be doing in peace so I can analyze your sheer stupidity while contemplating all the ways I could eliminate you and your ilk without leaving any incriminating evidence behind. How's that for how I feel about this one in terms of rudeness.
©2007


2 comments:

  1. I need this book! Lynn Truss is a marvel. Eats, Shoots and Leaves was a great book, and the kiddie version was even better!

    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on all of them. The cell phone business really bothers me. I see two people walking along and one is on a cell phone. How is the other person supposed to feel?

    Littering is bad, but what makes my blood boil is the cigarettes out the window. Hello! Drought? Wild fires? Motorcycle riders?

    My proudest day as a mom came when my step son started wearing regular jeans again. Civilization, ho.

    I am bad about LOL. I figured if I could decipher it, I could use it. LMAO took a little longer.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.