I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Primus Canada
2008

I've decided to award those folks that really tick me off if only to give them the credit where credit is due. I created a special award called the Donkey Award. These will only be awarded to the top donkeys and trust me you really have to work at this one. You must be a total and obnoxious pain in the keester to even be considered.

A couple of posts back I wrote about a very irritating telemarketer. That call wasn't bad enough, it has been followed through with at least two calls daily since the initial call five days ago! The number always comes up as 123-456-7890 and when I answer the same person starts into the sales pitch which signals me to hang up. Well today, despite having one of the worst sinus headache I've had in quite sometime that has resulted in me be nauseous and walking crooked all day I decided to play along. What the heck my day couldn't get much worse. Oh I should mention everyone in the neighbourhood decided today was a good day to cut their lawns pumping all that great pollen back into the air to fuel my pounding sinuses. Well, really it was only three but it might as well had been everyone!

Ok so back to the telemarketer. Five days later and she could still not pronounce my last name! As promised, the telemarketer in this case was from Primus Canada. What is really funny is when you go to their website they have what is called "Telemarketer Guard" to stop unwanted telemarketing calls. Excuse me Primus but I didn't want your telemarketing call but I guess I would have to subscribe to your service to get you to stop pestering me. I guess it is ok for them to spam my phone service whether I want it or not. You know the phone service we pay money for so we can keep in contact with friends and family NOT as your personal advertising board. I was actually quite pleasant and let the girl get on with her sale. At each pause I politely said "I'm not interested in switching long distance carriers." at which point she would continue. I only had to repeat that sentence five times over the next 10 minutes. After that call I went online and got the contact information for Primus which I should mention is not easy to locate. I called their number and had to jump through a lot of hoops. Finally 10 minutes later (yep another 10 minutes) I got a human! I calmly told them what has been happening and that I would like our telephone number removed from their system immediately at which time after asking for my name and telephone number she wanted my address! What so they can spam my mailbox as well? Heck next she likely would have asked for my email address and all information in my address book!

Primus Canada has hands down won the Donkey Award for 2008! Seriously I doubt anyone is going to be able to top them but if they do I will award another since I'm in a generous mood of rewarding those who really deserve it. I reserve the right to disclose all donkeys as I see fit :)

Please Note: Primus Canada, you could be the only long distance service in Canada or worldwide and there is no way I would ever sign up for your service just based on your wonderful spamming telemarketing! Thanks for your warning (hic sales pitch) and you have a great day.


Garden Gnome
©2007


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.