I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Recent Blessings


Majestic Palms
Las Vegas Valley
May 21, 2008

Although I have been talking about my blessings, it has been awhile since I did an actual Blog Your Blessing Sunday entry. If you have been following this blog you will already have seen several entries regarding our recent vacation in Las Vegas. We are very fortunate to even afford to be able to take a vacation both in terms of finances and time. Getting a break from normal routines makes it possible to look at daily life events in a whole new perspective. Suddenly those little irritants melt away and larger problems are easier to deal with. At the same time a break can make you appreciate those relationships and material possessions you do have. This is especially true when vacationing in a place like Las Vegas with vivid contrasts in every facet of it's existence. It's a city that ecologically shouldn't exist filled with obvious excesses yet lacking in essential resources. Residents and visitors filled with hopes and dreams of striking it rich are a marked contrast to those down on their luck. Vacations are lovely blessings. Returning home to be surrounded by the love of family and friends is a greater blessing!

Picture Comments: For me this photo is total eye candy! I don't know what it is about palm trees but I love them. They are tall, reaching to the heavens yet sway gracefully in the wind.

Have a blessing filled week,

Garden Gnome
©2007


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.