I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, June 26, 2008


Storm Clouds
June 21, 2008

The weather has been very unsettled here so we have been seeing a lot of severe storms. It's either wet and cold or very humid and hot with threatening weather. We aren't getting a lot of work done outside and the work has slowed in the kitchen because of high humidity levels interfering with painting and staining in the garage. This picture shows a bit of the furies we have been under. Yes we had a horrid storm with these clouds.

The recent vacation in Las Vegus was a bit different in that I was under the weather for most of it. After we checked out the final day we went made a final stop at The O'rlean's. I was on sensory overload so decided to check out the cinema on the second level. For $7.50 I treated myself to The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. I seriously enjoyed both the movie and the down time from all the extra sensory stimulation! I won't give any secretes away but this really is a must see movie. There are a lot of overtones and similarities from the Harry Potter movies but if you haven't seen those then it's no problem. If you've seen them then it is more of a "this is familiar but different" type of thing. However, there are many similar aspects that I will go into detail in a later post so as to not spoil it for anyone who has not seen the Harry Potter and Narnia movies. Still this movie is well worth watching and quite enjoyable.

My husband taking an idea from one of our kids who frequents the movie theatres suggested we go to a movie last weekend. We stopped for dinner at A&W which has a special meaning to us as that is where we met although not that one. And the teen burgers don't taste quite the same but that same beautiful smile is on the other side of the table. We saw Get Smart. I won't ruin it for you but if you liked the old version of Get Smart you will love this movie. It really is a must see! The night was absolutely gorgeous with a nostalgic meal followed by a movie. The drive was nice as well. We chatted about nothing in particular just really enjoying each other's company.

We have decided this type of outing is something we would like to do at least once a month. We really aren't into eating a lot of fast food so I suggested we eat at home then go to the movies. It's now become a discussion between whether we eat at our favourite fish and chip place first or eat at home with eating at home coming out ahead. That's fine with me :) Now all I have to do is convince my husband he really doesn't need that bucket of popcorn even if it is in a souvenir bucket.

Garden Gnome
©2006 - 2008


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:28 PM

    111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting observation :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.