I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Dear Mr Google


Evening Moonrise
June 4, 2009

As many of you know I author five blogs. Since their inception they have continuously been modified and updated not only with respect to regular blog posts but also their over all design. The over all design involves the background, header, any titles, fonts and layout. All of my blogs use original graphics that I have made myself for the purpose of blogging. They help set the mood for my blogs. In addition to that all of my blogs have several as in almost every post original pictures I have taken myself or images I have created as part of my post. In addition to the design I try to provide quality content. Why does any of this matter?

In the world of blogging there is something called PR (page rank). That's determined by Google and it determines where you are in Google's search engin. It does fluctuate depending on the age of your blog and how you are maintaining it. Apparently a lot of bloggers are seeing their PR cut due to the new algorithim Google is using. So here lies the rant. In the last PR update Google saw fit to cut the PR on this blog and Canadian Perspective. They left the other blogs alone having decreased my gardening blog in their last update. Now this is despite regular updates, using appropriate keywords, creating what I feel are nice layouts and creating backlinks. So here is my open letter to them.

Dear Mr Google

I work hard to keep my blogs updated with good content displayed on what I feel are rather pleasing templates. Take a look at my side bar. See that Adsense listed there? Well that makes you money of which you give me a mere pittance despite me doing all the work. How fair is that? Cutting my PR means less traffic to this blog which ultimately means less money to you. Now I know the piddly little bit of money you make off of my blogs don't really matter to you in the big picture. Heck you already have enough money so you really don't need any more. So maybe I should just use my own form of PR for you and just eliminate those ads from my blogs. I'm sure my readers won't mind in the least!

Sincerely,

Garden Gnome


Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.