I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, June 05, 2009

The Walk


The Pond
June 4, 2009

The past week or so has been rather peacefully enjoyable and uneventful. My husband is feeling much better, the kids and grandbabies are all happy and healthy, the weather is cool but nice and I feel great. Seriously the most excitement I had was opening a seldom used online email inbox to find 200 spam messages! While this makes for wonderful day to day living, it doesn't provide much fodder for blogging! I decided to take a walk last evening and as always taking the digital camera with me. We live in a gorgeous location on the Great Lakes waterway so there are always lots of beautiful photo opportunities so the camera is pretty much joined at the hip.

As I walked, I stopped several times to take pictures of interest including this pretty picture of a small nearby pond. If you look close towards the far end there are wild lily pads in bloom. Unfortunately the close-up pictures of the pretty yellow blooms came out blurry so I'll have to try again. I managed to get several great pictures that will provide something to blog about. At the same time the walk provided some nice, relaxing exercise. When I got back home, I sat on the dock until the mosquitoes came out then made my way to the sunporch where I sat enjoying the sunset and sounds of the water. It was really a lovely way to end the day!

Garden Gnome

©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.