I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson


Into the Night
June 23, 2009

Yesterday was a sad and shocking day for many. Early yesterday morning Farrah Fawcett lost her long fought battle with cancer at the age of 62 (more here). She was known as the 1970's "It Girl". I will always remember her as one of Charlie's Angels and her influence on hairstyles during that time. Everyone tried to mimic her flowing hairstyle! RIP Farrah and thanks for the memories.

As the storms went through yesterday I powered down the computer and television. When I finally got back online the shocking news of the sudden death of Michael Jackson was setting Twitter on fire. Like many I was shocked! Today fans worldwide are gathering in large groups to remember and pay tribute to the King of Pop. The world is a better place because of your music. You will be sadly missed. RIP Michael and thanks for the music.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


2 comments:

  1. I feel sorry for Michael Jackson. However, I will never forget his pederasty. How he could mess with a child's mind after what his childhood was like, is beyond me.

    God, I remember Farah Fawcett hair! Out to here and sprayed in place. Her public battle with cancer was heroic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael Jackson was a product of his childhood. He lived a very controversial and troubled life. He definitely was a broken person. There is always going to be positive and negative comments regarding him and his behaviour much the same as there is for other talented greats. The family as well as his fans are still grieving. His talent and musical legacy is what really matters right now.

    I will clarify my comments regarding Michael Jackson. I am not what would be considered a huge fan. There are some of his songs that I do like including Heal the World and Will You Be There. It's the message both songs convey. At the same time I have been rather sickened at some of the very nasty comments others have made regarding his death. It's not Michael these comments are hurting but rather his family.

    Farrah Fawcett, oh gosh her hair and her smile! Absolutely stunning. I'll bet sales of hair spray went sky high just with her influence. I remember watching her on the Tonight Show thinking what a classy person with a soft, musical voice and gorgeous smile. She too had her troubles but chose a different way to deal with them. Even during her long struggle with cancer she was still a class act!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.