I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, July 20, 2009

Date Night


My husband and I have re-established date night. During the nice weather that has meant going for a boat ride, stopping for dinner then enjoying the sunset before heading home. In the winter months it means enjoying a nice home cooked meal then curling up on the couch to watch a movie. Really it's just a fancy excuse for spending quality time together :)

Last Saturday was date night. The weather was cold and wet so I made an early dinner from left over venison chili I had frozen. Then we headed to the theatre to take in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. As a Harry Potter fan this was a must see movie for me! The movie was excellent but in comparison to the previous movies it was somewhat lacking. Don't get me wrong as the essence of the book was captured nicely and the film work was wonderful but it was still lacking with respect to the other movies. I quite enjoyed seeing how Daniel Radcliff, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson had matured not only in their portraited characters but as actors/actresses. I noticed that the years have not treated Draco (Tom Felton) kindly which in the fictional world is rather fitting given his character but in the real world not so good. It was quite sad to see the visualization of Albus Dumbledore's death. Michael Gambon excelled at his role as the headmaster of Hogwarts so I'm sure he will appear in flashbacks during the last Harry Potter film which is now in production. The last movie will answer a lot of questions remaining from the previous films.

If you want to get the most from the Harry Potter movies, read the books! I'm serious! The movies by default cannot possibly cover all the details of the books. This movie was two and a half hours long yet skipped over an awful lot of details. So before going to see the movie, read the book first. That way you will get maximal enjoyment from the movie.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.