I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, July 06, 2009

Old Landscape Relics


Relic of the Past
July 2, 2009

We've been on the road a bit more over the last few days so I have had a lot more photo opportunities. I've been know to pull over on the side of the road just to get a good picture even if it means turning around to do so. True it takes me (us) longer to get where we are going but we arrive in a much more relaxed mood. Taking the time to truly enjoy your road trips in this manner is well worth the little extra time taken to stop.

It never ceases to amaze me what a beautiful and diverse area we live in. Not only can we enjoy the splendor of the Great Lakes waterway, a nice jaunt through rural Ontario will get us to some of the nicest cities you can ever visit. Rural Ontario is just a delight to travel through! Scattered throughout the landscape are relics of days long gone. I love taking pictures of these relics if only to preserve a bit of Ontario history.

Pictured is a long abandoned cement silo I discovered last Thursday. I think is is a gorgeous relic that hopefully will be preserved for quite some time however, like many old relics that likely won't happen. At some future time the owners of the property will likely tire of it or need to plant that land so it will be leveled. Even in rural Ontario there are signs of vandalism that marrs old relics as well as natural features like hugh boulders. For unexplained reasons some individuals seem to think they have the right to mark up these features using paint. Someone obviously left their mark on the silo. While I could have Photoshopped it out, I didn't. I think it symbolizes the underlying conflict between youth and elderly rather nicely.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.