I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, July 10, 2009

The Learning Curve


Evening Skies
July 7, 2009

Virtually everything we do in life is a direct result of learning. Learning involves a learning curve which is simply the time it takes you to move from not knowing anything about performing that task reasonably well. The steepness of the learning curve depends on the complexity of the task as well as the intelligence level of the individual. Thanks to technology we are bombarded with ample opportunity to expand our knowledge on a daily basis. That doesn't make the learning curve static!

Several years ago I got my first digital camera with no flash or memory card. It simply took 8 to 10 pictures then I had to download them in order to use the camera again. The learning curve for that camera was by today's standards very minimal yet it was there and it formed the knowledge base to go onto the next camera. Over the past few days I have been put back onto the learning curve with the new Panasonic DMC-TZ5.

I'm one of those people who does read the manual. There is a lot more to this camera as far as settings go in comparison to the Canon A540! I am quite impressed with the quality of pictures I'm getting already but hopefully they will improve further as I learn more about using the camera's features effectively. Pictured is the sunset from Tuesday night and it really did look like that (without the frame and signature of course)! The Panasonic captured the colours in amazing detail and clarity which I attribute to the high mega pixels. I'm excitedly reading through the manual to learn everything I can about this camera. Now I need to find a forum where I can ask questions!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


2 comments:

  1. That's a really beautiful photo! Congratulations on your new camera. :-)

    Do you have a Flickr account? I know that they have different Groups where people can discuss questions related to the group's topic. It wouldn't surprise me if they also have groups where people can ask questions about their particular cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phyl! I'm am having a lot of fun with the camera. I'm not on Flickr but will check it out. I'm sure there is forum geared towards the camera so will do a bit of looking.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.