I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, July 03, 2009

Road Trips - Self Important People

sunset, fire in the sky
Fire in the Sky
July 3, 2009

The past couple of days have been rather hard with the road trips. Friday, despite the ever present drizzle most folks I encountered were in rather pleasant moods. I find driving in Canada for the most part to be rather pleasant with the exception of my favourite city Toronto, the land of the honk the horn if a mosquito flies by. Honestly, Torontonians (did I call them babies in a previous post?) need to nix the horn! I managed to get a few great pictures of the countryside and my Alma Mater, pick-up local honey, . We are so lucky to live in an area with such beautiful eye candy! You would think it would put everyone in a good mood but apparently not so.

I was scheduled to pick-up my husband late Friday afternoon in the city. So that means a chance to pick-up a few things I can't get at home. The car behaved nicely on the way there as it should but when I started it after my first stop it made this horrid noise. I immediately thought the power steering fluid must be low so called my husband to let him know. I finished all my stops arriving where I was picking him up just a bit irritated with traffic, the car and timing. I had about 20 minutes to kill so pulled into the meeting spot and decided to check out the outdoor plant section of one store. I spotted a Brandywine (heirloom) tomato plant, like I really need another tomato plant, and an eggplant so grabbed my two purchases and headed to the check-out. All of a sudden Miss Self Important with a fully loaded nursery card almost ran me over trying to get to the check out. Had I been walking just a bit faster she would have hit me for sure!

Here I am with my two pithy plants while she had a good 10 flats plus extras! Do you think she could have let me go ahead of her and check-out like any other considerate shopper would do? NO! I stood there 10 minutes with my two plants while her and the check-out person chit chatted while the cash registered remained silent. I got frustrated with Miss Self Important and the check-out person but said nothing because I do strive to be polite but honestly there is a limit! I quietly put my plants down, all 2 of them and walked out a bit sadly because I really wanted them. About 5 minutes my husband arrived, we chatted then he added the power steering fluid then we drove by the outdoor garden centre. The same Miss Self Important was still there. Little does she know her rudeness cost that store a possible customer. They could seriously have the best plants around and I would still not shop there! Customer service would dictate that a polite "let me ring her through with 2 plants" before I "ring through your 100 plants" or even oh I don't know how about "another cashier"!

To Miss Self Important bad karma does follow you. I believe karma can be a b---- but I really do hope you enjoy your plants. You likely did me a favour by preventing me from buying diseased or unhealthy plants but I will never know that. In the mean time bad karma has been known to affect whether plants survive or not. See if you are so important that you cannot be considerate to your fellow human beings I really doubt you have a green thumb!

Garden Gnome

©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.