I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, July 13, 2009

Family Events


Lighting the Night Sky
July 11, 2009

My gosh we had such a busy but relaxing weekend! Friday night we went to Sam's Club and out for dinner in the US. Saturday morning we were awakened by a horrendous thunderstorm that threatened to cancel the day's planned activities but it cleared up late morning and actually turned out to be a grand day spent in good company. Sunday we spent the day with friends at the swim hole so will be blogging about that later.

As you know I am Canadian and love to share any Canadian content with even a blog Canadian Perspective dedicated for this purpose but Canadian content sprinkles through onto this blog as well as my other blogs. Saturday's annual event was hosted by a family member. It always falls in July as close as possible to Canada Day. The number in attendance reaches around 150. This really is a wonderful event held on their picturistic, farmland property in southern Ontario. Local foods and talents are always a feature which is something I really appreciate. After dark everyone settles in for a gorgeous fireworks show that would out do many communities! Some of the fireworks are originals made specifically for the occasion. It is just a lovely event with a good time had by all!

This year's featured band was SUDS (Shed Union District Standards) featuring D'Arcy Sloan, Brad Fishleigh, Darryl Twigg and Danny Wright. The band hails from Chatham, Ontario. The video pictured was placed on YouTube by me with their consent. [As of yet I cannot get the video to upload because it is too large for Blogger but might eventually upload to YouTube. I will post the video as soon as I get it uploaded.] I think they are quite good. The video is not as good as it could be but considering I'm figuring out using the new camera it isn't all that bad. So many of the big name bands started out exactly this way, playing a small events.

Garden Gnome

©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.