I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - Helping Hands

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

We are very fortunate to always have a number of helping hands for moving, painting and home renovations.  I have set a goal of painting every room in our new home this winter.  It is a big undertaking but honestly is not as much work as it could be even though it is a big house.  The is no wallpaper to have to strip other than a border in the lower level bathroom.  The walls are in good condition so there is only the normal wall repair to do. 

I started the upper level bathroom last week.  Our youngest kid's partner offered to help with the prep and painting.  We finished the painting yesterday then my husband helped with putting the prisms back on the lights and replacing the exhaust fan hood.  The room still needs a final clean-up and we are waiting on a friend to bring the custom made trim he's making for the tub wall.  My husband and I spent the rest of yesterday and this morning emptying more boxes from our move and organizing.  Another pair of hands always makes the work go faster.  This coming week we are painting the kitchen and hopefully the guest room.  It would not be possible to get this amount of work done without helping hands!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2012


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.