I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Keeping Home Fires Burning

Home Fires


I had an idea for today's entry but then decided on this. The day is grey and dull much like many November days but this time I have an inner spirit to brighten the day. Our new grand-daughter is scheduled to arrive by C-section the first week of December. I'm hosting a baby shower this weekend.

Things are still in an uproar. The new fridge is in but the water line to it is being installed this morning. It hasn't gone smoothly! Once it finally gets in I can return the cabinets to their original over stuffed state and at least clear a path in the kitchen. Can I just have a little more chaos please?

Onto the baby shower. What I want is balloons outside on the one tree maybe two trees. I want the inside lightly decorated. I think I have the menu basically set but I still need something sweet and I don't do sweets very well. I still need some baby shower games. My DIL is a total godsend! She lives in a city so can get things I can't get here and she is helping with the planning, giving me ideas and picking up things. I want healthy foods that will keep well over a 3 hour period. So I think I have the menu relatively set but other things need to come into place.

It is especially important right now to keep the home fires burning. We need a bit of peace and calm to get away from the busy days. Yesterday, I made a cheesy cream of cauliflower soup. It didn't seem like much by my husband loved it so I'll post a picture and recipe on my cooking blog.


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.