I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Feeling Under the Weather



The Wake


This is really what I would love to be enjoying right now but the weather is now too cold.

This weekend was the much planned baby shower for soon to be new grand daughter. About 2 am Friday morning I awoke in a lot of pain in my jaw. It will pass I told myself as I rinsed my mouth well with warm salt water. This was a bad weekend for anything and I mean anything to go wrong. By Friday night I knew there was a problem but was determined to go ahead with the weekend plans of Remembrance Day and the baby shower. Saturday wasn't too bad even though I knew things were worsening despite the counteractive measures I was taking and I was getting no relief from extra strength acetaminophen. This morning, the day of the shower, the right side of my face was swollen and my cheeks flame red not a really good look for a new to be grandma. So I took a Tylenol 3 (prescription) and it did nothing! No pain relief and a face that was steadily getting redder by the minute. The shower went well and a good time was had by all. I only wish I could have enjoyed it a bit more. There was a lot of food yet I could barely open my mouth enough to even take small bites. Soup and hot tea sounded good but I had to wait for everyone to leave and by then the only thing I really wanted to do was sit down and have a good cry.

What the problem looks to be an infected and impacted wisdom. This thing has caused problems for a while but never this bad. My dentist does not want to pull it because it is half in and half out and because of my medical history. However it is now obviously infected if you take the cheek flushing, fever, swollen lymph nodes and extreme pain into consideration. Maybe he will change his mind but I'm not taking any chances as I will be seeing my doctor in the morning.


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.