I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Turmoil



Things have been in a turmoil here for a couple of weeks. The new fridge is scheduled to arrive tomorrow between 2 and 5 pm. The problem comes in that it was supposed to be delivered last week and I scheduled the carpet cleaners for the Friday. Since the only way to get the fridge in is over newly cleaned carpets, I have a problem BUT that is not the worst of it. In order to hook up the fridge a contractor has to come out to install the water line. That means one cabinet under the sink and the corner cabinet with lazy susan has to be cleared.

I'm hosting a baby shower for one of my kids. It is the first grandbaby on both sides and their first so a very special event. I know diddly squat about hosting a baby shower. I'm always a good host so I'm thinking I can pull it off ok as far as food and hospitality goes. The invitations have been sent out so all that is left is the final planning. Apparently if the last shower was any indication you need games. Now, this is just smacks of being a huge problem so I go to google and find a bunch of baby shower games. Some are possible others are just "no way". I'm learning the quick hard way how to scan images and make a DVD. I think that showing in the background will be a nice touch.

Needless to say, my book has taken a back burner although I did work on it for an hour or so last night in the wee hours of the morning. Until the grandbaby arrives safe and sound, I doubt a lot will be accomplished yet sometimes I just have that urge to write. My ancestors would be proud of the way my kids matured and kept the family honour. They would more than welcome a new little one. It seems like such a little thing. After all it is only a baby BUT it is our future!


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.