I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, November 06, 2006

Wonderment


Tundra Swans

Today has been one filled with a lot of emotions, not all good but most were good. I decided to focus on the new little one soon to be born so this picture reminded me of that. The mommy and daddy swan protect their little ones while gliding over the smooth water. I've photographed them several times. Male swans can be quite aggressive and the females even more so but this couple seems to like me. It is almost like they pose for me when I take the pictures. Over the summer we have watched this family grow much like we have watched our own little ones who will now become parents shortly. It has not come without a struggle for them but they do have excellent family support.

Each time there is an ultra sound, I get another picture so I'm thinking of making a small scrapbook with the theme "Watch Me Grow". One knitting machine came down and is ready for use this week. I need at least one baby blanket before Sunday when I host a baby shower. I should be able to get two baby blankets done by then. The main blanket is done on the knitting machine but the edging is hand crocheted. I'm more concerned about the actual hosting but my daughter-in-law is helping with some of that. She is such a blessing! She has a few nice fresh ideas so that is a true help.

Much of the focus this week will be preparing for this shower. I think it will go over well if I can just calm down and focus.


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.