I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, November 27, 2006

Long Nights



Frost on Branches




I woke with a start and through groggy eyes tried to make sense of the digits on the clock. It couldn't be! It was only 3:20 am, way to early to be rising yet I was wide awake. I knew the notepad I kept on the bed stand wouldn't be enough. The dream had been so very vivid in true Kodak colour but it also triggered something else. Every fiber of my body was vibrating with thoughts of my second great grandparents. Their very being had haunted my dreams enough to waken me and now I had to get those thoughts and feelings in writing. Their very existence tugged at and enter-twined my soul begging the story be told.

The early hours of the morning flew by with me only taking a few moments to capture the sunrise. It was after lunch before I decided to take a break marveling at how far that book had progressed. The problem is this couple is tugging at my soul but my focus is supposed to be on my seventh great-grandparents' story yet the other story is just flying from my fingers. One of my kids is my advisor for the first book and will be for the sequels so being very concerned that what should be a sequel was actually progressing quicker than the initial book I made a frantic phone call. Apparently the way things are progressing is not as much of a problem as I thought. The advice to get what I could written then go from there. Well that means that one sequel will likely be finished before the original but what it should do is trigger telling the stories of other ancestors. So complicated!

I took a short break to go grocery shopping. That was not really good as I only needed a couple of things but bought a lot of meat on sale. So I was trying to vacuum seal the meat but as ideas popped into my head I had to stop and type a little. It's funny how these particular grandparents are speaking to me. It's like they want the story told and they are going to haunt me until it is told. It is honestly the weirdest feeling I've ever had. I've had feelings about my ancestors before but not like this. These are usually nice peaceful, a subtle awareness not like this. Right now the feelings are so intense!


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.