I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Reflections



Storm Clouds


Have you ever had one of those days when you spend more time tweaking the tools than getting the work done? So it was with me today. I was up bright and early ready to do a lot of data entry. I restarted the Mac in Windows mode and fired up Legacy. No problems except I had forgot to transfer the image files over to the XP drive. From Mac that is fairly easy as all I have to do is click and drag to the hard drive icon. Anyway, I had forgot so decided to carry on. Then I noticed that the tagging was off. Legacy has a tagging system that will set 9 tags. Somehow in the change over the tags were lost! It was only 10 am and I was already getting frustrated! So I tinkled with the tagging and then left it alone to move onto the lap top. Now the lap top and desktop work together especially if I'm online. But Legacy on the laptop running through Virtual PC decided it was going to be a pain. It took about 3 hours and several reboots to finally get the gedcom to work only to discover all the tagging was missing from the file. Now I seriously love Legacy and it would take a lot for me to switch. Legacy's programers will likely have a Mac compatible program shortly as they are very progressive. I did install both Heredis and Reunion on the lap top just to see how they behaved and the reality is that if I find a Mac program that does exactly what I want, chances are good I'll use it if only on the lap top. Both are Mac programs so I'll test drive both of them and email Legacy for support as well. I did manage to get a bit of data input onto the desktop. It is performing nicely with the duo core so with a little tweaking things should be fine. The lap top may be floating in the water shortly!

Well, enough of the complaining. I went full tilt, one step ahead and two steps back from early morning to about 2:30 PM when I decided I really needed a break. The weather was unseasonably warm so I went down to the veggie store where I got a few good deals. I only went for mushrooms to add to the pot roast vegetables but what the heck. It was good to get out into the sun and mild weather. When I got back I put the vegetables in with the roast for dinner, decided what I was going to put up for the night then sat by the water's edge to simply listen.

Sometimes life gets so hectic or we get so frustrated we forget to just simply be. We forget to listen and truly see. Quiet reflective time is so important because it helps to ground us so we can make connections. A peaceful calm passed over me and even though I could hear the calling of my ancestors there was peace as the water methodically swept the shore. It became clear the path I should follow yet I was at peace.


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.