I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, September 14, 2008

BYBS - eye candy


Double Rainbows
August 9, 2008

To often our lives are so busy we forget to appreciate the beauty around us. Even in times of dispair and turmoil there is beauty. My digital camera is always within easy reach when I'm home and I never leave home without it. Why? Knowing that the camera is right there brings an awareness of my surroundings, always on the look for that special photo opportunity. What I've come to realize that even the simplest things can present a great photo opportunity. Even something as boring as a brick wall can form the basis of a great picture. I think that I am very blessed to be in tuned to this kind of awareness. It allows me to not only enjoy life through my eyes but also through the camera lens!

The photo of the double rainbows was taken from the end of our driveway through the wooded area. We had cut an event short when a horrid storm blew up threatening to blow over the huge outdoor tent. Everything was wet but what was worse was the sudden drop in temperature as the storm unleashed its furry. I shivered the entire trip home even though the heated car seat was set to high! As we neared our small road off the main road the double rainbows suddenly appeared! Despite being cold and wet I just had to get pictures. The rainbows were over the field on the other side of the main road and unlike a lot of rainbows, the colours were very vivid as the formed a full arc. For a few brief moments it was just me and the camera drinking in the beauty of the rainbows. Nature's eye candy is one of those true blessings!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:35 PM

    ive done something here to have you a few cents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:59 AM

    So true. When I bought a digicam myself, I became more appreciative of little things around me because I know there is beauty in it. And yes, most often than not, we are all too busy to take a look around us, to just enjoy everything. I suffer from this "affliction" from time to time but I thank God He always reminds me to stop and just feel things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture shows that there is hope everywhere. God created the rainbow to give His creations hope after the rain of troubles and trials.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.