I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, September 21, 2008

BYBS - Tenacity


Tenacity
Aug. 6, 2008

tenacity - persistence, stamina, chutzpah, determination, endurance, fortitude, grit

Have you ever stopped to observe spiders or weeds? It doesn't matter what obstacles arise both will come right back and try again. Seriously, you can knock down a spider web and by morning it will be rebuilt. You can kill off weeds and they come right back. You can pave yet a weed will find a crack or the smallest amount of soil to root. Now that's tenacity! Whatever synonym you want to use one of my strongest character traits is tenacity. Over the years this trait has served me very well. It has been a true blessing.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:58 PM

    It is interesting that you posted this. It is so true. I had to laugh when I went to my office and across the doorway, a zipper spider had built a web. I'm not sure if it was its tenacity or mine, but I spent the morning opening the door for clients so that it could remain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. And sometimes the most fragile seeming life forms do the most amazing things--like the monarch butterflies....

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.