I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, September 19, 2008

the nose


Unlike Mrs Smily I have a nose with a wicked sense of humour and I do mean wicked! Mrs Smily is ever so lucky to be noseless. I have a love hate relationship with my nose! It serves absolutely no useful purpose that I can immediately think of. Oh sure its rather cute. It does hold up my glasses but heck without it the ears would still hold them up or I could just wear my contacts more. It can be entertaining for the young ones when I wiggle it but honestly with their attention span I see no need to keep it hanging around for the 2 minutes it can do that on an annual basis. Why do I hate my nose?

The simple reason is my nose is either stuffed or running. There's no in between. I play the allergy roll-over game at night. Turning from one side to the other just long enough for one nostril to clear while the pressure builds in the other. During the day if it isn't stuffy I'm racing for kleenex before drips hit the floor. Oh yes, my nose has a real funny bone! I'll bet I have more boxes of open kleenex in the house than anyone else. Each room has at least one box but some rooms have multiple boxes! Of course when the nose tires of dripping it goes into sneezing fits. Let me tell you after having kids that is just not a nice thing for my nose to do. I told you it had a wicked sense of humour!

I need a nose job. Seriously I do. I'm opting for total nose removal including sinuses. That will surely teach my nose who's boss! We'll see who has the last laugh. I tell you my nose's days are numbered...

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.