I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, September 01, 2008

parasailing


Parasailing
July 21, 2008

Back to our summer vacation: If you recall we went to Wisconsin for one of our kids' wedding then travelled to St. Ignac, Michigan before heading home.

We stayed at a lovely Day's In in St. Ignace in Michigan. The balcony overlooked Lake Huron and had it been a little nicer weather we would have seen some gorgeous sunrises! We woke to threatening clouds and misty rain the first morning. That did not stop some daring folk from parasailing. This is something I would really love to try however my stomach is just a tad prone to being sensitive. The prospect of hitting the ground covered with stomach contents is not quite appealing not to mention I have a healthy dose being a chicken. Seriously, I can handle being off the ground on my kitchen step stool as far as the first step and it is a two stepper. On a very good day heavily dosed with anti-nausea medication I might actually be able use an elevator. When we were dating my husband pooh poohed at me not being able to handle fair rides including the merry-go-round. Not less than 3 minutes into the Zipper, he changed his mind and tout suit! He has never asked me on a fair ride since. At the time it wasn't funny but now it is hilarious. Anyway, I want to try parasailing. I'm thinking if I had a tank of nitrous oxide strapped to my back along with a lot of other medications I could do it. Nope, I'm thinking I just want to try it anyway. What is the worst that could happen?

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.