I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Baby (3)

It's now 5:16 AM.  I tried going back to bed but my mind is racing.  I tried turning on the tv but can't figure out how to so I'm blogging in between pacing.  Several years ago, a year and two days after having our first baby, I was in the same position.  Less than three hours of getting to the hospital even though the original plan was to go for a Tim Horton's long john aka preggy craving of the day we ended up with the most beautiful baby girl you have ever seen.  She was so very tiny and very, very red with a massive amount of dark hair.  It's funny they say a lot of hair causes heart burn but I had none with this little one.  For the first four months of her life, she never stopped crying unless she actually passed out.  The colic was horrid!  Then one day there was silence and I seriously thought something was wrong.  When I rushed to the crib I found a happy giggling baby and she's had a smile on her face ever since :)  

Over the years we watched our little girl grow to be a very accomplished woman.   She is intelligent, loving and kind!  In 2000 she married her high school sweetheart and so our family grew.  A little over two years ago we made the journey here to welcome oldest grandbaby into our lives.  It had been a very difficult time to get to that point and even then we knew it would be the only grandbaby for them so it was a very, very special yet bittersweet moment.  But mother nature in her ultimate wisdom listened to that longing and surprise, surprise granted the wish of another baby to hold, nurture and love.  It's been a long struggle for this little miracle baby!

On this day as our youngest grandbaby takes the journey into the world I want to be there to hold my baby, to tell her everything is going to be ok, wipe away the tears and share the joy.  Instead I will be looking into the face that is the spitting image of her mother, watching yet another Dora if I can figure out how to get the tv to turn on and waiting for my husband to arrive.  I know this is helping immensely since they know oldest grandbaby is safe and sound so can focus on the little one coming.  In the meantime there will likely be at least one melt down because that's what toddlers do.  Grandma deals with melt downs a bit differently which causes oldest grandbaby to get this puzzled look on her face as if to say "hey, why aren't you paying attention to me?"  Now get this, yesterday she said "granma, granma, granma, tention!"  It was too funny!  Grandpa will arrive then if it looks like baby is taking a bit longer we'll go for coffee.  Oldest grandbaby likes to pretend to drink coffee and that will keep her attention a bit better than waiting in the hospital.    By then it should be time to visit mommy and hopefully baby -----.  We will soon be able to hold the new baby with all the hopes and dreams of yet another chapter of our lives...

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


1 comment:

  1. The writing is very likeable. It should be a good feeling to see the sentiments translated in tangible words. I would have more liked the Agatha Christie quote with - for everything you love you do not think of a price." Cheers

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.