I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Grandma's Train Ride

I stayed at the kids for a couple of days after the baby was born then decided to come home to give them a bit of private family bonding time. I feel it is important for the Mom, Dad and any sibs to have a few days by themselves just to get to know the newest member of the family and to get into their own routine. Instead of them driving me part way home where we would meet up with my husband for the rest of the journey home, I thought it would be easiest for all if I took the train. The kids took me to the train station and waited until the train arrived so oldest grandbaby could wave goodbye. All was fine until she realized the train took Grandma away!

I always have my digital camera close by so riding the train was no different. I so enjoy riding the train too! There is the swaying and the hypnotic noise that just is relaxing but the real treat for me is snapping pictures of what seems like a whole different world. It gives me ample time for reflection and pondering. Here's one of the short videos I took to email oldest grandbaby. It's nothing fancy but will give her a bit different perspective.





Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.