I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, April 03, 2009

Baby Coming Home

My how times have changed!  The baby is not even 24 hours old yet but Daddy and oldest grandbaby left to go pick up Mommy and baby from the hospital.  He was being circumcised this morning.  They sure don't keep the Moms and babies in the hospital like they used to!  I can remember being in for a full week with my first baby under the premise that new Moms needed bed rest.  Now they have the Moms up and walking about as soon after delivery as possible!  My husband had to wear a mask and gown when around the baby and the baby slept in the nursery.  Special clothing is no longer required and the baby sleeps in the Mom's room.  One of the biggest changes is the Moms are expected to bring a package of diapers and clothing for the baby as the hospitals no longer supply that.   One good change is parents can no longer take the baby home without a CSA approved and properly installed car seat.  Gone are the days where the baby can ride home on Mom's lap.  I think this change is wonderful!  

Our vehicles do not move until the seat belts are fastened and I'm a real stickler about that!  Did you know that police stations across Canada will show you how to properly install the car seat if you ask?  They also hold free car seat clinics where you can even get help with the installation so there is no excuse to not have a properly installed car seat!  Remember the car seats are protecting one of our most precious resources!
Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.