I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Moonlight


Moonlight
November 30, 2009

My sleep has been off lately so I have had the great pleasure to enjoy some night scenes I would otherwise miss by sleeping. This just reinforces my theory that sleep is highly over rated. Actually sleep evolved as a survival mechanism for protection against nocturnal predators. Sleep meant less chance of detection by predators the species could not see in the dark of the night and it renewed the body to avoid daytime predators. At one time it was common for humans to go to sleep just after dusk awakening at dawn ready to start another day. Fire changed the way people ate and allowed them to enjoy the later evening hours when they were not threatened by enemy attack. Fire also brought heat to indoor shelters. Indoor lighting in the form of controlled fire (candles, lamps) changed things further but nothing has had as much influence on our sleep patterns as electricity.

Garden Gnome

©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.