I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Julie & Julia


A few nights ago I cuddled up on the couch to watch Julie & Julia.  As a foodie I've been wanting to see this movie since I first saw the commercials.  This movie is based the book by Julie Powell, a frustrated New York bureaucrat who wants to be a writer.  Julie challengers herself to cook her way through Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking in one year, and to blog about it. The goal was to prepare 524 recipes in 365 days, introducing a new generation to the magic of French cooking.  Julia Child is portrayed by Meryl Streep and Julie Powell is portrayed by Amy Adams.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Julie & Julia.  Amy Adams was simply delightful at every point and as a blogger myself I could really relate to how she felt about blogging and comments on her blog.  As a foodie I could also share her joy at getting a recipe to turn out the way it should while shedding a little tear when they didn't.  I doubt that Meryl Streep could put on a bad performance if she tried!  Her portrayl of Julia Child in this movie was superb.  She captured the nuances of Julia Child's character and mannerisms to perfection.  I won't add any spoilers here.  This was an excellent movie that has made it to my list of DVDs to add to my movie collection.   It will be a movie much like the Harry Potter movies that I watch over and over.

Bon appétit!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.