I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Agitation


Sunset
May 23, 2007

What a wonderful site to sooth the soul Wednesday night. The prospective buyers came through to do some measuring and were all over the place. I was really on edge the entire time. On one hand I understand what they are doing and I don't want to do anything to jinx the finalization of the deal but boy is it ever bothering me. That means I have had little sleep and am agitated, not really a good frame of perspective. They are coming through in about an hour with a contractor/inspector because they want to see if they can do a particular renovation involving a flat roof. We do not want them or anyone else walking on this roof not that you can't structurally but we were told when we bought the place that walking on it could cause leaks. Besides if they were to accidently fall we would be liable. So we told our real estate agent that we did not want anyone on that section of roof. She has them bringing a ladder with the specifications of no one on the roof. Hopefully tomorrow I can report all is well, the deal is signed and the last of strangers trooping though our house. Wish us luck!


2 comments:

  1. Realtors and buyers--eek. Scary biz. If you get a chance to watch Lemony Snicket, get a load of Meryl Streep, one of whose greatest fears is realtors. My husband and I were yelled at by one of these beings 10 years ago. We didn't want to be in her car with her, and she furiously informed us at the top of her voice that she needed to know our thoughts, to hear what we had to say and we weren't going to get in our car and whisper. Unstable, eh? We haven't moved again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this has been one of the more stressful sales in comparison to the other houses we've sold. The realtor is very hyperactive but a go-getter. The buyers (yep, the house is sold - more in today's post) are arrogant young brothers who don't know the meaning of the word no and are very demanding. Talk about raising the stress level!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.