I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Victoria Day Weekend



We just celebrated our long weekend for Victoria Day. Wow, what a weekend! The sale of the house events are moving swiftly and despite a good offer, the real estate agent wanted to show the house Monday. She put it off from Saturday which was a very good thing as our kids were home. Friday I felt the onset of a sinus attack so knew the weekend would be not the best. We had a 40th Wedding Anniversary party to attend. The flower pictured above is from the anniversary party. I was thankful the sinus attack did not hit full force then but by the following afternoon when I had to be at a must attend bridal shower for our best friends' daughter it had it with the full impact. Noise of any kind is just not a good thing during these attacks but I was determined to go. Saturday night I crashed just after the kids got here with the grandbaby, weary of dealing with the pain, walking sideways and overall feeling horrid. Sunday morning my head felt like it was crushing in but that didn't matter to grandbaby who decided for some reason (later learned to be that she doesn't like a wet nappy) to exercise her lungs at full tilt and gosh was she upset! Get this, three grown adults and not one of us thought to check her nappy! Mommy was finally out of the show and came to our rescue. One nappy change and the kid was giggling as if nothing happened. After the kids left we did the spit & shine for the house showing and I actually was able to get a short nap in before the house was shown. All in all despite the sinus attack, it was a grand weekend! One well spent with family and friends and good memories.


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.