I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - Mom



Today is Mother's Day a day when children are supposed to show their moms a little extra love and attention. Normally I do not make two posts in one day but this being a special day and also a BYBS. In the spirit of celebrating both Mother's Day and my blessings, here is my BYBS post.

I've been blessed in so many ways in relation to motherhood. My biological mom died shortly after her birth so I never had a chance to know her. I've been blessed that she gave me life and left enough of her behind that I could discover her as a person. My foster mom was a wonderful person who loved me as her own. She was a mom to me in every sense of the word by lovingly guiding me to the person I would become. Unfortunately she was aged 59 when I came to be so only had the chance to greet two of my kids into the world. The absence of her warm, loving and generous spirit is a huge void in my life.

Mothers can't be mothers without kids. My kids have taught me so much about myself and about life. I anticipated their births wondering what each little miracle was going to look like, be like and pondered their future. Kids are born with unconditional love. There's the smiles, the tears, the baby kisses, cuddles and dependence. Somehow they overlooked parenting mistakes and sometimes perceived unfair parenting policies. In return they got unconditional love and respect. Over the years I have watched our kids mature into beautiful, independent adults now starting families of their own and one thing remains consistent, the strong emphasis on family. They are a source of love, strength, pride, companionship and wonderment. A parent's responsibility is never over even when the kids are grown. We take enormous pride in our kids as we continue to guide and support them. This day is made so much more meaningful to me be I've been blessed with having the opportunity to be a mother and continue being a mother to a few of the most awesome kids you will ever meet!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there!


3 comments:

  1. Big Honkin blessing: I had totally spaced that it was Mom's day. Thanks for reminding me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mothers are true blessings indeed.

    Happy BYB Sunday and A very Happy Mother's say to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BELATED MOTHER'S DAY GG!!!

    I hope you had many memory building events and that you were blessed with the love of your family all around you in some way, shape, or form!

    You're right! A parents responsibility is never done and thankfully in their love, there is never a shortage. I feel very blessed to be a mother of three wonderful children and I thank God daily for them.

    Have a wonderful day!

    Faithfully in Christ,
    AutiMama

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.