I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Touch of Yellow


Goldfinches
May 3, 2007

What is a garden without birds? I look forward to the return of the goldfinches each spring. I posted this picture to my gardening blog yesterday but thought I would share it with my readers here as well. Goldfinches are beautiful little song birds that flit about the feeders brightening up the garden with their showy yellow feathers.

I've been up since about 4:30 this morning for no apparent reason other than I was tired of sleeping. Stress is suspect but not confirmed as a cause to my increasing restlessness. We went to see the grandbaby on the weekend. While enjoying a nice leisurely breakfast Sunday my husband's cell phone rang. It was the real estate agent wanting to show the house at 7 PM that night. Since we weren't home she put it off until last night. So I did the spit and shine yesterday, canned up thirteen pints of chicken stock and had chicken in the oven when they arrived so the house smelled pretty good! This young couple is pretty interested but they already mentioned they want my washer and dryer. No way! I've waited almost 30 years to get a set like this so they are not negotiable. My husband disagrees. So we are having a bit of a tiff over this when the real estate agent calls asking if they could go through again tonight, this time with their parents as they are ready to make an offer.

By 5:30 this morning I had the spit and shine done, one load in the dryer, second load in the washer and the oven doing the self clean thing. I've had a chance to take pictures of the moon, sunrise and garden as well as listen to the birds welcome the day. That leaves the rest of the day for a trip to the farmers' market and doing a small bulk cooking session. Chicken baked in roasted tomato sauce will be in the oven filling the house with a wonderful aroma while the house is being shown again. It's a good thing we don't mind eating dinner late!


4 comments:

  1. Hi gnome! Thanks for giving me this link to your blog. I see many of your other ones on BE but this is exactly the kind I am looking for :) Although I do love your food and garden blog! I passed the garden one on to my mom, who stalks you often, lol.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EC, thanks for stopping by! I've visited your blog several times. This blog is a little different that the food or garden blog in that anything is fair game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents' feeders attract many goldfinches. I love to watch their flight into the treetops. I often wonder what it would be like to be so small and in that vast world of leaves. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, goldfinches are just so pretty. I really look forward to their return each year. They just bring a smile everytime I see them!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.