I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Hummingbird


Hummingbird
May 10, 2007

Look at my newest guest to my garden! This picture was a downright fluke. I was so excited at seeing the hummingbird and not wanting to scare it off while I grabbed the camera, I'm surprised I got a picture at all. The feeder is hanging on the back porch so I can see any activity from the kitchen window. I took several pictures set on auto setting (Canon PowerShot A540) then switched to AV setting and took a couple more. This one was taken on the AV setting.

I was a bit bummed over last night's house showing. Apparently the people liked all the appliances, furnishings and after seeing the poker table need to get to know us better. Seesh! Like they didn't even look at the house just what we had. This morning was a true blessing seeing this little creature! He brought a smile and pleasant thoughts. I can't wait to see him visit the feeder again!


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:32 PM

    Nice Picture! Love the close up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love hummingbirds! What a great shot! I need to get a feeder for our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:24 PM

    That's a nice shot of the hummingbird! We've got a feeder by our kitchen window and every year we get our own little friends stopping by as well. The first hummingbird we saw this year stopped by on the 8th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a delight when these little beings alight on a feeder--even better when a camera is handy. I've been seeing a lot of female cardinals here in Connecticut, but never when I have my camera!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.