I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Boating


Minnows
May 8, 2007

The water was a vivid turquoise and quite calm yesterday. Minnows were schooling around the dock piers. This is always a good sign as we catch minnows to be used for bait. Sometimes it is just nice sitting there watching the silvery flashes flit about in the water.

The house was scheduled to be shown at 7 pm so my husband came home early to take out the boat for her maiden run of 2007. We decided to go and check out the potential new house as seen from the water. No problem until the boat stopped and we couldn't get it started again! It wouldn't have been such a bad thing since the sun was shining brightly, the temperature was wonderfully warm and the water lapping against the boat was quite relaxing. The problem was we had to be back for the house being shown. We finally got her going and she ran beautifully until slowing down for the cut then she died again. A fellow boater towed us in and offered drinks to sooth our nerves. All in all it was rather fun in a bit of a sadistic way. Honestly I wouldn't have minded just staying on the boat for a few days away from everything.

Life is just really hectic right now and since the boat aka money hole in the water is a way to get away from the chaos, we really don't need any problems. Apparently the guy we pay very good money to winterize and get the boat ready for spring neglected to do an engine test. Had he done that he would have seen gas spewing out that thingie (my term) where my husband had me hold the screwdriver while he tried to start the boat. Thank goodness for two batteries! Other life highlights include unexpected health problems with our oldest, the &^%$ insurance company along with the lawsuit and now secondary lawsuit (yep I really needed that one), the pending sale of the house with all that entails and that ever blasted cell phone. This is the time of year I should be out enjoying getting the garden going and immersing myself in cooking. Both are difficult with the pending sale of the house so I've taken a different approach. Our daily activities are going continue as normal whether the house is being shown or not. I need to cook as a depressor, sorry!

Garden Gnome
©2007


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.