I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, August 23, 2009

BYBS - Tomatoes

Blog Your Blessings Sunday
There has been a late blight going though the area destroying tomato plants so I have anxiously been checking the plants daily. I have 13 plants in on of the square foot garden raised beds, one upside down hanging tomato plant and two suckers in the process of rooting. So far I am pleased to report no signs of late blight which is such a blessing! I've been picking a generous handful of cherry tomatoes daily for a few days now. Yesterday I picked the first 3 ripe Heinz 1439 tomatoes. This is about a tennis ball sized tomato that is quite meaty with a deep orangy red colour and wonderfully rich tomato flavour. My husband took one look at the tomatoes in my hand and got that dreamy look on his face that quickly turned into sheer pleasure as he bit into the first toasted tomato sandwiches from this year's garden. What a blessing it is to be able to grow your own food!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.