I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Footprints in Life


The Beach
August 15, 2009

Last weekend we spent a wonderful couple of days boating and swimming. The weather turned quite warm to the point of being uncomfortable. We finally broke down and turned on the air conditioning. So Monday morning I was all gung-ho to get a bit of blogging. I was in such a grand mood that morning! As always I checked my email, made a couple of replies then checked the groups I follow and made a couple of replies. Within a few minutes of one of the group replies there was an extremely nasty and hateful reply. I sat there looking at it for a minute then decided to take the high ground, thank the poster politely for her reply and move on although the way I feel right now it will be quite some time before I participate in that group again!

It is so easy online to forget that the words you type affect real people. Folks under the cloak of anonymity say things online they never would dream of saying directly to someone's face. Yet those words leave just as big of an impact especially when it comes from a trusted source. Feelings get hurt and unlike footprints in the sand the impressions have a lasting effect. Unlike the footprints on the beach the impact remains.

So to the nice and I'm sure you are a nice person who for whatever reason lashed out at me with your spiteful nastiness, I wish you well. I hope you don't experience someone lashing out at you the way you did to me. I hope you had a pleasant and restful day full of good vibes and I seriously hope no one left negative footprints on your soul and heart. May someone throughout your day tell you that you were appreciate and are loved and your knowledge had value in their lives. Perhaps the memories of their kind words will help take the sharpness off of yours before they are spoken forever to leave a footprint.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.