I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, August 24, 2009

Hot Summer Days


On the Beach
August 15, 2009

It seems like we have been waiting all summer just to get a bit of seasonable weather. Well last week it finally hit! Despite a few storms it quickly became very hot and humid to the point we had to turn on the air conditioning. It's days like this that we load up the cooler and sunblock, don on our swim suits and head to our favourite swim hole to spend the day. Quite often we head out just after lunch and return after dinner so we aren't traveling in the heat of the day. Instead we are frolicking in the water, relaxing on the boat and exploring the beach.

I love exploring the beach at the swim hole. This small, uninhabited island has many wonderful photo opportunities! The point opens onto the lake so there is a lot to explore. Quite often I will head from the boat to the edge of the water with my camera, drink and hat in hand then just sit partially covered with water enjoying the cool lapping of the water on my legs. Finally curiousity will get the best of me so I will be off exploring always returning with a lot of great pictures. As evening approached we gather things up and pull up the anchor then most times head for the marina although sometimes we stop for dinner along the way. We take our time putzing home just enjoying the beauty of the day. It is just a beautiful, wonderful and relaxing way to spend a hot summer's afternoon!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.