I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Opportunity


Opportunity
July 31, 2009

As a gardener it always amazes me how plants will take every opportunity they can. They will sprout up in the tiniest of cracks and on cliffs where you would think nothing could possibly grow. We have the arrogance and audacity to refer to plants we don't desire or can find no useful purpose as weeds. Yet despite man's attempt at destroying these undesirable plants they persist and thrive. Talk about taking advantage of every available opportunity to survive!

This cute yet unidentified weed was happily tucked up in the cracks between the huge boulders that create the pier on the east side of Lexington harbour. Even Mother Nature loves to soften those hard edges :)

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.