I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, October 19, 2009

Autumn Comes to the Forest


Autumn Comes to the Forest
October 3, 2009

The kids live on a beautiful country property surrounded by natural forest home to deer, wolves, racoons, skunks and porcupines. There is an abundant avian population as well. The forest behind the kids' home showed more yellows than reds. The morning I took this picture a cute little woodpecker was busy practicing of the eaves trough. He just would stay within my camera view so I didn't get a picture of him.

Summer basically didn't exist in many areas this year so the fall colours don't seem to be popping. It hasn't helped that many areas have already experienced their first hard frost bringing the end to many home gardens. At the same time the trees simply dropped a lot of leaves with the frost. Still the colours are quite enjoyable.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.