I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, October 29, 2009

H1N1

Everyone is talking about the H1N1 flu. As predicted it does seem the flu is making its second rounds right now. H1N1 is now the hot news topic, it's big in the blogsphere and it's all over Twitter. Yesterday I was talking to our neighbours both who are feeling just a bit under the weather as are we. They know of two people down with N1N1! Then I checked the mailbox to find the H1N1 pamphlet from the Public Heath Agency of Canada. Apparently H1N1 has hit our small little corner of the world. With that new I came in the house a brewed a fresh pot of herbal tea, snuggled into an afghan and continued on my hibernation theme.

We've been taking precautions since the first outbreak because with chronic respiratory problems I'm in the higher risk group for complications if I contract H1N1. At the same time and considering the risks we do not plan to get the H1N1 vaccine. Staying away from social situations including shopping until there is a good freeze has always been a good way to help prevent illness. Avoiding contact with infected people seems to be one of the best courses of action. Of course we take precautions like washing our hands well often combined with good housekeeping and sanitizing. We are fortifying our bodies with good, old fashioned home cooking. That heathen greeting of hand shaking has gone out the window although I very seldom did that anyway. Learning not to touch any mucousal membranes or your face is likely the hardest because most people don't realize how many times they do this just on an hourly basis. At any rate it is now a wait until a really good freeze that will help stop the spread of the virus. In the meantime we putter on.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.