I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Safari Adventure


The Attack
October 3, 2009

On our recent Wisconsin trip we made a short side trip to the plains of Africa. There I managed to capture an amazing scene without getting hurt but the noise was astounding. Isn't it amazing?
-
-
-
Umm, you are buying the short side trip story are you? It was a side trip but to Cabela's not Africa. Cabela's is a huge outfitter's outlet so anything related to living the great life outdoors can be found there. Scattered throughout their store are various very realistic displays of full sized real preserved animals set against their natural habitat. An awful lot of work must go into preparing these exhibits. They also have huge tanks and small ponds of game fish which is rather interesting in helping novice anglers identify local fish. As if that wasn't enough they even have a small museum with several exhibits.

I'm not a shopper by any stretch of the imagination but this type of store I find very interesting. The have a fair amount of food and food related items. The store is massive but extremely interested. I took a lot of pictures of the displays so will share a few more with you as well.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.