I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Meet Lucy

TomTom GPS
Lucy
October 2, 2009

We left on a road trip on October 2 returning on the 7th. It began with an 8 hr stretch of driving mainly freeway with heavy traffic, heavy rain at times and construction. We have a fair amount of road trip experience under our belts so one thing I admit to is not being able to decipher road maps. That is because the concept of right and left is almost foreign to me and I am extremely directionally challenged. So map interpretation is extremely frustrating for me which sometimes means voicing that frustration. For this trip my husband borrowed one of our kid's GPS in the hopes it would work a bit better than his wife's navigational skills.

Within a few minutes into the trip the GPS was nicknamed Lucy. A pleasant female voice told my husband where to turn and we could even watch the road on the GPS as we traveled. If we went off the route which we did for a bit of sight seeing and a couple of detours Lucy directed us back so we could get to the main route. My husband immediately started talking back to Lucy usually answering to her directions 'yes dear' and occasionally 'but I don't want to go that way Lucy". We erupted into fits of laughter when Lucy showed us driving in a field because the new road didn't appear. In all Lucy made for a very enjoyable, peaceful ride with no frustration flare-ups. What a wonderful and relaxing way to travel. We definitely are going to buy one of these gadgets!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.